We are happy to cooperate with new contributors to our blog, and we’re sure everyone will benefit. Below you can find requirements that describe the steps of preparing a post, communicating with the InAppStory editorial team, the principles of the blog, restrictions, and some other details. If you are serious about writing for us, please be patient and read this page completely. After that, you can fill out the form.
Publication of guest author’s posts on our blog goes through specific stages. All the steps of the process must be completed without exception, otherwise the article won’t be published.
Here is what you need to do:
• Read these guidelines carefully.
• Submit your guest post pitch using this form. If the topics you suggest meet our requirements, we’ll get in touch with you to discuss the next steps.
• Prepare a plan for your article and send it to the InAppStory blog editor as a Google Doc.
• If it is approved, you can start writing the text. When it is ready, send it to the editor you work with. At the top of the doc, write the author’s name and bio (1-4 sentences long).
• In a separate folder, send all pictures for the post (at least 661 px wide) with alt tags. You must have the rights to all of them. Also send the author’s headshot; it must be at least 300 x 300 pixels.
Don’t send ready-made articles without discussing the topic and plan beforehand — both must be accepted by the blog editor.
If your article meets our editorial standards and aligns with our content strategy, we will respond to let you know that it will be published. That process may take up to 2-3 weeks.
The InAppStory blog was created to talk about the capabilities of our Stories marketing tool, content marketing, and engagement and retention of mobile app users. We are interested in the topics of gamification, new media and content formats, marketing tools, as well as understanding how mobile technologies are changing industries and the market as a whole.
We don’t create content just for the sake of content: we strive to deliver our readers new and important information.
Our readers are:
• Product owners
• Marketing/digital managers
• Designers, writers, media managers
• People who are interested in content marketing
The topics you propose must be interesting for this audience.
We publish only 100% original content that hasn’t been published before. Please triple-check all the claims that you make and the statistics that you provide, and include links to research from respectable companies and/or reliable media sources. You should be ready for your text to be edited. Your text must be at least 1500 words.
Topics that we are interested in:
• Customer experience of using Stories (higher priority)
• In-app and customer engagement (higher priority)
• Content marketing (higher priority)
• In-app media
• Digital marketing tools for apps / mobile web products
• Innovations in mobile marketing connected with content
• In-app design
• Practical materials based on personal experience and/or opinions of industry leaders.
• Content that provides our readers with actionable tips, tools, and valuable strategies.
• Instructions on how to use complicated marketing tools.
• Clear structure with an introduction, an ending, and subheadings in between.
Write in a clear, personal and casual way, as if you were talking to a friend. Make jokes if you are good at it.
• Please don’t use stock images to illustrate your article.
• Visual content must complement and help the reader to understand the material. Images should be of the same size and format.
• We don’t accept payments for publications: your article must meet our requirements to be published.
• We do not publish purely promotional content, information about services that don’t provide value to our readers, or offensive content.
• NO RANDOM SUBMISSION WILL BE ACCEPTED.
• You can add links to your site not more than three times in the article.
• If you want to support your idea with a link to a particular service, it must be some kind of web/digital service (not a pipe engineering service, for example)
• We do not accept any link-building schemes or inorganic mentions.
• NO LINKS TO GAMBLING, DATING, ADULT WEBSITES, ESSAY WRITING SERVICES OR DRUG-RELATED WEBSITES ARE ACCEPTED!
If you’ve gotten to this point and understand the terms, let’s get started by filling out this form.