Write for Us: InAppStory Guest Blogging Guidelines
We are happy to cooperate with new contributors to our blog, and we’re sure everyone will benefit from it. Below you can find requirements that describe the steps of composing a guest post, the communication with the InAppStory editorial team, the blog principles, some restrictions, and other details. If you are serious about writing for us, please be patient and read this page till the end. After that, you can fill out the form.
The guest post submission process
Publication of guest author’s posts on our blog goes through specific stages. All the steps must be completed without exception, otherwise, your article won’t be published.
Here is what you need to do:
- Read these guidelines carefully.
- Submit your guest post pitch using this form.
- If the topics you suggested meet our requirements, your next step would be to prepare a plan for your article and send it to the InAppStory blog editor in a Google Doc format.
- If it is approved, you can start writing the text. When it is ready, send it to our editor in a Google Doc format. At the top of the document, write the author’s name and bio (1-4 sentences long).
- In a separate folder, send all pictures for the guest post (at least 661 px wide) with alt tags. You must have the right to use all of them. Send the author’s headshot; it must be at least 300 x 300 pixels.
Don’t send pre-made articles without discussing the topic and the plan beforehand. Both must be accepted by our blog editor.
If your article meets our editorial standards and aligns with our content strategy, we will respond to let you know that it will be published. The whole process may take up to 2-3 weeks.
Goals and audience of the blog
The InAppStory blog was created to discuss the capabilities of our Stories marketing tool, as well as content marketing, engagement, and retention of mobile app users. We are very interested in gamification topics, new media and content formats, and different marketing tools. Additionally, we talk about how mobile technologies are changing industries and the market as a whole.
We don’t create content just for the sake of content. Instead, we strive to deliver our readers new and important information/insights.
Our readers are:
- Product owners
- Marketing/digital managers
- Designers, writers, media managers
- People who are interested in content marketing
The topics you propose should pickle interest or be related to these target audiences.
We publish only 100% original content that hasn’t been published before. Please triple-check all the claims that you make and the analytical/statistical data you provide, and include the original links to research from respectable companies and/or reliable media sources. You should be ready for your text to be edited. Your text should be at least 1500 words.
Topics that we are interested in:
- The customer experience of using Stories (high priority)
- In-app and customer engagement (high priority)
- Content marketing (high priority)
- In-app media
- Digital marketing tools for apps / mobile web products
- Innovations in mobile marketing connected with content
- In-app design
- Practical materials based on personal experience and/or opinions of industry leaders.
- Content that provides our readers with actionable tips, tools, and valuable strategies.
- Instructions on how to use complicated marketing tools.
- Clear structure with an introduction, an ending, and subheadings in between.
Write in a clear, personal, and business-casual way, as if you were talking to a friend. Make jokes if you are good at it.
- Please DO NOT use stock images to illustrate your article.
- Visual content must complement and help the reader to understand the material. Images should have the same size and format.
- We don’t accept payments for publications. Your article must meet our requirements to be published.
- We do not publish purely promotional content, information about services that don’t provide value to our readers, or offensive content.
- You can add links to your site not more than three times in the article.
- If you want to support your idea with a link to a particular service, it should be some kind of web/digital service (not a pipe engineering service, for example)
- We do not accept any link-building schemes or inorganic mentions.
- NO RANDOM SUBMISSION WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- NO LINKS TO GAMBLING, DATING, ADULT WEBSITES, ESSAY WRITING SERVICES, OR DRUG-RELATED WEBSITES ARE ACCEPTED!
If you’ve gotten to this point and understand the terms, let’s get started by filling out this form.